Chief of Party, Country Director, Director, Deputy
Summary of Position
One of our Clients in the International Development sector working in Recovery Programs in Nepal is recruiting for the Deputy Finance Manager position.
Job Summary: You will oversee all activities that ensure the accuracy, timeliness, and documentation of the Finance Department’s accounting operations and financial reporting (monthly, quarterly, yearly, and as- needed) in support of high-quality programs serving the poor and vulnerable. You will help set the standard for the Country Program’s (CP’s) financial stewardship through professional maintenance, utilization, and analysis of all cash resources controlled by the CP.
• Oversee accounting processes, policies, and service delivery and maintain accounting controls to ensure accurate, complete, and timely recording and management of financial transactions and internal controls in compliance with the organization’s financial management policies and procedures, Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP), donors’ rules and regulations, and legal requirements.
• Ensure SunSystems financial accounting package is updated with relevant information for capturing accurate financial data (such as daily exchange/conversion rates, cost allocation tools, posting of transactions, etc.). • Review and analyze financial reports, including cost allocation of shared costs, to verify financial transactions. Prepare balance sheet account reconciliations to ensure all transactions are accurately stated and appropriately classified. Work with relevant staff to address irregularities and resolve accounting issues, and ensure correction of accounting entries and payroll. • Serve as the key point person on all issues related to financial transaction records. Provide proactive advice, support, and capacity building to managers, staff, and subrecipients to ensure compliance with standards and proper records of financial transactions, as well as to support strengthening of internal control. • Ensure financial reports are generated accurately and disseminated timely as per established reporting schedules and assist staff and subrecipients with financial reports analysis.
• Oversee maintenance of a good filing system of required supporting documentation to ensure easy access and retrieval, and a reliable and easy to follow audit trail.
• Ensure efficient management of cash flows and availability of sufficient and optimal cash in the CP’s operating account through monitoring cash balances (both cash-in-bank and cash-on- hand), preparing bank reconciliations, analyzing and forecasting cash needs.
Typical Background, Experience & Requirements: Education and Experience
•B.A. degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics, Business Administration with courses in accounting, or a qualification in accounting (CPA/ACCA or equivalent).
• Minimum of three years’ experience in a position with similar responsibilities, preferably with an International NGO. • Substantial budgeting, budget/expense analysis, and accounting experience.
• Knowledge of the relevant public donors’ regulations preferred.
• Knowledge of local law in the area of taxation and local regulatory reporting procedures.
•Proficient in MS Office packages (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Visio), Web Conferencing Applications. Knowledge of SunSystems financial accounting package or similar financial reporting software preferred.
Personal Skills • Excellent analytical skills with ability to make sound judgment and decisions
• Accuracy and completeness with a strong eye for detail
• Ethical conduct in accordance with recognized professional and organizational codes of ethics
• Proactive, resourceful, solutions oriented and results-oriented
• Ability to work collaboratively
Travel Required: You will be required to travel up to 15% of the time.
Key Working Relationships:
Supervisory: 2-3 Kathmandu based finance officers
Internal: Administration and Finance Department, Liaison Office Finance Staff, Head of Offices, HoOps, Human Resource Department and Program Quality Department
External: Banks, External Auditors, partner NGOs
Agency-wide Competencies (for all Staff):
These are rooted in the mission, values, and guiding principles of the organization and used by each staff member to fulfill his or her responsibilities and achieve the desired results.
• Trusting Relationships • Professional Growth • Partnership • Accountability
Disclaimer: This job description is not an exhaustive list of the skill, effort, duties, and responsibilities associated with the position.
The Organization’s talent acquisition procedures reflect our commitment to protecting children and vulnerable adults from abuse and exploitation.
For Registered Candidate:
Login to www.p2p.com.np with your username and password and press "APPLY"..;
Register/create new account..;
Press "APPLY" to apply for a job..;
If cover letter is not attached, a pop up will appear..;
The pop up will direct to "MANAGE COVER LETTER" page where you can add/upload cover letter then press "APPLY" at the bottom of the page.