One of our Clients in the International Development sector working in Recovery Programs in Nepal is recruiting for the following positions.
Department: Operations Reports To: Head of Operations
Job Summary: You ensure a high level of resource stewardship and strict financial accountability and promote risk management while ensuring the effectiveness and robustness of the Country Program (CP) and relevant partners’ financial management systems, processes, and practices in support of high- quality programs serving the poor and vulnerable. You anticipate and analyze financial management services needs and delivery challenges, and introduce improvement solutions, as needed, to minimize CP and partners’ exposure to financial risk.
•Manage financial processes in accordance with policies and provide proactive service delivery, advice, and support to managers, staff, and subrecipients in relation to managing the whole project cycle (Design, Start-up, Implementation, Close-out), ensuring efficiency and compliance with the organization’s policies and procedures, Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP), donors’ rules and regulations, and legal requirements.
•Provide direction and coordination of effective budget development and management (Annual Program Plans and project budgets), ensuring accuracy and consistency of financial data and safeguarding of resources.
•Ensure integrity of accounting information by reviewing account issues for compliance and establishing quality control over accounting transactions and financial reporting. Oversee maintenance of supporting documentation for a reliable and easy to follow audit trail. •Lead the preparation of accurate financial data, analysis and projections and support the Senior Management Team and Program/Project Managers in interpreting data for decision-making and effectively managing financial risks. •Oversee the performance of accurate reporting procedures and timely submission of reports to relevant stakeholders (CP managers, Regional Office, HQ/Finance, donors, local government entities). •Assess staff and subrecipients’ financial management capacity, ensure capacity strengthening on finance policies and regulations, as needed, and monitor and measure impact.
•Effectively manage talent. Provide coaching, strategically tailor individual development plans, and complete performance management for direct reports.
• Lead efforts to close audit financial management findings in a timely and sustainable way.
• Ensure accurate and timely reporting to SWC/NRA and other Govt. authorities.
Scope: (Number of employees supervised )
• Number of employees supervised 4 (Deputy Finance Manager, Partnership Finance officer, 2 Finance officer)
Typical Background, Experience & Requirements: Education and Experience
• Master’s degree in Accounting, Finance or a related field, or MBA with a focus on Accounting preferred, or equivalent relevant experience and Bachelor’s degree. A professional certification in Accounting or a related field highly preferred.
• Minimum of Seven years’ experience in a similar position, preferably with an International NGO. Knowledge of the relevant public donors’ regulations highly preferred • Substantial budgeting, budget/expense analysis, and accounting experience.
• Knowledge of local law in the area of taxation and local regulatory reporting procedures.
• Staff management experience.
• Strong experience in presenting and facilitating on financial management topics.
• Proficient in MS Office packages (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Visio), Web Conferencing Applications. Knowledge of SunSystems financial accounting package or similar financial reporting software highly preferred
• Excellent analytical skills with ability to make sound judgment and decisions
• Very good planning, monitoring and organizational skills
• Ethical conduct in accordance with recognized professional and organizational codes of ethics
• Proactive, resourceful, solutions oriented and results-oriented
• Ability to work collaboratively
Required/Desired Foreign Language
• Proficiency in written and Oral communication in English Language
Travel Required (include percentage of required travel, if applicable)